Fire Protection Compliance Ltd is an established passive fire protection contractor based in the north west; however we undertake works with an established client base throughout the UK. Due to significant growth, we have immediate vacancies for Firestopping Engineers and Surveyors.
You will be working as part of a team to deliver a programme of fire safety and upgrade works, providing excellent service to our customers. You will be expected to be able to work on your own initiative, within agreed performance targets, and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Whilst the office base is Northwich in Cheshire, you would be required to work at any of our clients’ properties across the country, so working away from home is an integral part of the role. You may also be asked to work out of normal working hours as and when required.
- Firestopping buildings, voids, penetrations etc.
- Installing cavity barriers and fire curtains
- Ensuring timescales and quality standards are achieved, with an eye for detail
- Ensuring that all work undertaken is completed with due regard for quality, productivity and safety
- Reporting any variation from the original brief back to the Contracts Manager / Supervisor on site; so you must be a strong, clear communicator
- Providing accurate daily working information electronically or otherwise, relating to operational activities, in accordance with any regulatory and company requirements and procedures for payment claims and other matters as applicable
- Ensuring all works are carried in line with Company Procedures and Policies (Health and Safety, Control of Hazardous Materials), in line with COSHH regulations and PPE
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is fully functional, appropriately maintained, and certificated; with defects reported and waste materials disposed of correctly.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of firestopping procedures and products, including: batt, mastic, fire seals and flexible cavity barriers
- The ability to read and follow technical drawings and plans
- Prior experience in the passive fire protection industry
- Own transport
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment, within agreed performance targets (this generally means no cold, wet construction sites)
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, reports, or other documentation
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information
- Ability to operate safely, having considered any environmental circumstances and possible risks – including working at height(s)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and demonstrate organisational and time management skills
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems, seeking any advice required.
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills
- Experience of working within the social housing sector
- Experience of working in occupied properties
- FIRAS-approved operative
- Desire to develop management and supervision skills, with a view to future development.
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- 5 working days’ sick pay
- Fuel card
- Own vehicle expenses progressing to company van after probation period
- Price work available to earn bonus on top of salary.