FPC is a third-party-accredited fire compliance consultancy and contractor; currently providing remedial passive fire protection to the leading student and residential accommodation providers, schools, NHS, new-build construction sites and many other major clients throughout the UK.
We are looking for Joiners, with proven experience in fire doors and working on fire-risk projects (fire door installation, fire door maintenance, fire stopping, fire compartmentation etc.) to join the company on a sub-contract basis (with permanent positions available for the right candidates).
We have an impending project in Rickmansworth, Hertforshire so we are immediately looking for joiners either in this area, or willing to travel.
You will be working as part of a team to deliver a programme of fire safety and upgrade works, providing excellent service to our customers. You will be expected to be able to work on your own initiative, within agreed performance targets, and possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Whilst the office base is Winsford in Cheshire, you would be required on occasion to work at any of our clients’ properties across the country, so working away from home is an integral part of the role.
- Deliver a high standard of work relevant to both specific employed trade and other building trades within domestic and commercial premises, including external surroundings
- Provide accurate daily working information electronically or otherwise, relating to operational activities, in accordance with any regulatory and company requirements and procedures for payment claims and other matters as applicable
- Ensure all works are carried in line with Company Procedures and Policies (Health and Safety, Control of Hazardous Materials), in line with COSHH regulations and PPE
- Ensure all plant and equipment is fully-functional, appropriately maintained and certificated; with defects reported and waste materials disposed of correctly.
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Joinery & Carpentry
- Prior experience working with fire doors
- Own tools and transport
- Various multi-trade skills and experience outside of main building trade
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment, within agreed performance targets (this generally means no cold, wet construction sites)
- Ability to correctly complete the relevant certifications, reports or other documentation
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information
- Ability to accurately interpret technical data, drawings and instructions
- Ability to operate safely, having taken into account any environmental circumstances and possible risks – including working at height(s)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and demonstrate organisational and time management skills
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems, seeking any advice required.
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills
- Experience of working within the social housing sector
- Experience of working in occupied properties
- FIRAS-approved operative
- Desire to develop management and supervision skills, with a view to future development.
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- 5 working days’ sick pay
- Fuel card
- Own vehicle expenses, progressing to company van after probation period
- Price work available to earn bonus on top of salary